The November 2013 campout will be
the Fall Camporee held at Rybolt Field next to Camp Le-No-Che and led by
Assistant Scoutmaster Paul Wenzel. For those attending a Troop 62
campout for the first time here is some procedure information:
1. Transportation: Parents are responsible for transporting scout
to and from the campout. If you are unable to transport please see me
at the next meeting and I will arrange for your son to ride with another
scout or you may arrange transportation with another parent. Please let
me know what you choose to do so I'm able to account for everybody.
2. Equipment: Download a suggested
list of gear.
3. Cooking: Some second class scouts need a cooking requirement
for first class. They will be in charge of cooking. Cost will be
divided between participants. Parents may send snacks.
4. If you are interested in taking the merit badge class please meet the
requirements in red on the merit badge sheets - download
now and plan ahead:
5. There is little down time on
this campout. EVERYONE is expected to help in camp setting up,
maintaining and breaking down.
6. For the parents, include your scout in the packing process. They
will be responsible for packing and maintaining their gear.
7. The Troop has tents you may check out with the quartermaster. They
will have the opportunity to set them up at in the gym at one of the
8. Tent Buddies: Any scout below first class must have a tent buddy.
It would be ideal to arrange this before the campout so we can arrange
9. Leadership: This campout will be lead by an older Scout. He will
be in charge of the scouts, their activities and responsibilities.
Adult leaders act as supervisors and assist in activities.
Thanks - Paul Wenzel, Assistant Scoutmaster